Citizenship of Canada
Eligibility requirement for Canadian Citizenship:
Language Requirements For Canadian Citizenship
- Applicant must have been Canadian permanent resident and have lived in Canada for at least 1095 days in last 5 years
- Physically present in Canada for at least 183 Days in each of 3 years within qualifying period.
- Candidate should be able to speak either on one or both Canadian language ie English and French
- Candidate should not have any criminal history prohibitive to granting Canadian Citizenship
In order to prove language proficiency, candidates must submit one of the accompanying documents:
- Results from a CIC-approved third party test
- Transcripts or a diploma certificate from a secondary or post-secondary education in English or French
- Proof of accomplishing Canadian level Benchmark (CLB) 4 or higher in certain government language programs.
Contact us with any question(s) concerning Canadian citizenship requirements and applications.